So, how do you find reliable wood floor installer?
- Try locally and speak to neighbours and friends and find local wood floor installers that have been in business for a long time.
- Get all your bases covered – go window shopping, see wood flooring samples, request at least several quotations from different wood floor installers, because prudence ultimately pays off.
- Opt for a Wood Flooring company that offers “all-inclusive” package, i.e. they will not only fit your new wooden flooring or renovate the existing one, but deliver the flooring material as well. In this way it clear who is responsible they can´t give you the runaround if something goes wrong.
- Going for one and the same local wood flooring supplier and installer means the company will be able to get down to work much faster, because the solid wood flooring material has already been acclimatized
- Wood Flooring fitters that have been around for some time have the knowledge and experience to handle various flooring installations and take proper decisions on the fly, without the necessity to refer to someone else
- You will certainly be better off hiring a Wood Flooring company that doesn’t subcontract assignments and employs its professionals, because in-house training and R&D can be invaluable when paired with skilled, individually licensed specialists
- Opt out immediately if the Flooring company you picked has failed to present you with a clear project timeframe and budget
- You might want to choose an environmentally conscious company. This is important and we don´t mean only Nature here. Using non-toxic wood flooring products translates to a greatly decreased (or no) health hazard for you and your family
- It´s not a big thing really, but why pay for something that should be completely free anyway? Go for a Flooring company that won´t charge you for viewings and quotations. This is a daylight robbery, especially if you decide to get several quotations
- When talking to their representatives, make sure you ask about the following:
- Do they have experience with the particular type of solid wood flooring of your choice?
- Can they present verifiable references?
- Request that they provide photographs of projects they have recently completed
- Is the company fully insured and can they guarantee high quality of flooring installation free of defective workmanship?
- When can they start the installation and how much they charge?
- How is the charge calculated? On an hourly of per square foot basis?
- Any proper flooring installer you get in contact with will undoubtedly need to know more about what you have in mind as well, so it´s a good idea to be read with answers to questions like:
- Where about are you located?
- How many square feet of flooring need to be installed, when you would like the company to start work?
- What is the condition of the existing flooring, do you think it requires extensive work before the new floor can be installed?
- What type of wood flooring needs be installed and would you rather go for a finished or unfinished floor?
- Is there any furniture that you would like some help with?
Eventually, once you have been provided with several quotations, you will want to spend enough time going through them carefully, so you can draw up a shortlist. The quotations may vary substantially, but we would not advise you to choose a fitter based on price alone, because consistent reputation, locally located, verifiable references, specific timeframe, use of non-hazardous products are equally important factors, not to mention that way too often, the lower price tags comes with installers that tend to cut corners and save on materials, efforts etc., so eventually, the cheapest option rarely remains the cheapest. Finally, don’t be afraid or feel uncomfortable to ask, since its your money and property and second, you are often expected to negotiate.