WOCA Hard-Wax Oil, Light Grey, 2.5L is used for oil finishing of wooden floors manually or with a polishing machine. The oil ensures an extremely hard-wearing and light film-building surface. WOCA Hardwax Oil is ideal for basic finishing of any unfinished, new and newly sanded interior woodwork, or for topcoat on WOCA Colour Oils. The polishing machine is recommended for the polishing of bigger areas.
- PREPARATION: The unfinished woodwork should be freshly sanded with grit 100-120. The floor must be completely dry and free from dirt and grease before the oil application. Recommended wood-moisture max. 12%. Product, room and floor temperature should be between 15°C-30°C. Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
- WORK INSTRUCTIONS: The floor can be cleaned with WOCA Wood Cleaner mixed with water 1:40 if necessary. Leave the floor to dry fully before oil application. Stir and mix oil container well before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed before use to avoid colour differences.
- Apply the oil in a thin layer with a short-haired roller or similar in an even coat. Leave the oil to be absorbed for 20 minutes.
The area is now polished with a white or beige polishing pad under doodle-bug or with the polishing machine until the excess oil is polished in, and the area appears saturated.
Leave the floor to dry for 8-10 hours.
If necessary a second coat can be applied.
- Tools may be cleaned with WOCA Solvent.
The floor can be used with care the next day and is fully hardened after 3 days at normal indoor conditions. Do not clean the floor until fully hardened.
- After the hardening time, the floor should be cleaned with Natural Soap or Oil Refresher, which leaves a protecting layer on the surface.
Regular cleaning: Natural Soap or Oil Refresher. Re-oil with WOCA Hardwax Oil or Maintenance Paste when required.
Risk of self-ignition: Due to the risk of self-ignition it is important that oil wetted cloths are wetted and disposed of in a tightly closed container after use.
Always remember to test on a small area in order to check the surface and the compatibility of the product. WoodCare Denmark accepts no responsibility for unintended use, damage or injury resulting from this product as a result of failure to follow the appropriate instructions.
Storage: Store safely, out of the reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.
Disposal: Dispose of this material and its container to the local disposal facility for chemical waste.
VOC: This product contains a maximum of 470 g VOC/L. The limit value is 500 g VOC/L (cat. A/f).
Consumption: 8 to 12 m2 per litre depending on the wood and its surface.
You can choose between different sizes and colours of this product.