There is no floor that looks completed and put together with the required flooring accessories. No matter what material your floor is made out of, be it real wood, laminate, vinyl, or stone, flooring accessories are much needed not simply to add a lot of beauty and a completed appearance, but also to ensure the durability, lasting, and hard-wearing power of the whole structure.
It is the finishing touches that make a lot of difference. Even the most expensive wooden or stone floor will not look as amazing as you expect it to be without the right flooring accessories. It is important to find the right supplier of high-quality flooring accessories that can provide a wide variety of products in varied shapes, sizes, colour, and materials. This is the only way to make sure flooring accessories suit all requirements and the overall look of the entire space is sleek, complete, beautiful, attractive and the whole floor structure is lasting and can withstand wear and tear and everyday use.
In order to install a beautiful and functional floor, it is all about the small details that may look insignificant and not that important at first, but they make the whole difference, it is about flooring accessories. Let’s find out more about flooring accessories and their importance.
Why Flooring Accessories are Important?
How you benefit from using flooring accessories
When deciding on the type of flooring you want to be installed in your home or the place you work, you should also pay attention to flooring accessories and how they will complement the floor. Flooring accessories are the finishing touches that make the whole space look complete and sleek. Flooring accessories make a difference to the floor’s beauty and appearance, but also its durability and the comfort in ensures.
The main purpose of flooring accessories is giving the floor a complete look by hiding and camouflaging some specifics of the floor’s construction and arrangement. Flooring accessories are designed to cover expansion gaps between wooden floorboards and the walls of the room, camouflage and hide other areas that are left for expansion, cover holes left for pipes and cables, level floors from different heights, and more.
Design of Flooring Accessories
How to choose and match flooring accessories
You will find out that flooring accessories are available in a great variety of designs, colours, textures, and styles so you can find the one that perfectly complements the existing floor and blends in perfectly. However, you are also free to experiment and play around with styles and designs by mixing and matching different designs of flooring accessories and make them stand out as a part of your interior design and as pieces of décor.
Types of Flooring Accessories
Guide to common flooring accessories
There are a few main categories of flooring accessories. According to the requirements and needs of your project, you can choose from the following flooring accessories:
- Pipe Cover – Do you have pipework of radiators or other types of pipes meeting your flooring? No need to worry about the holes lest for pipework and the expansion gap, you can easily hide it by utilizing one of the most popular and common flooring accessories – pipe covers. They are available in different colours and designs so it is easy to find a style that blends into your floor.
- End Cap – End caps are the types of flooring accessories you will have to use when installing hardwood flooring against wall perimeters and carpet edges. Such flooring accessories as end caps allows for a smooth transition between one type of flooring to others.
- Flat Threshold – Flat thresholds are flooring accessories with a similar function to end caps. Such flooring accessories are used for joining gaps between two floors (maybe the same material or different ones), when these floors are of the same level.
- Scotia – Scotia is one of the most popular and commonly used flooring accessories. This type of flooring accessories are used for covering the expansion gaps between flooring and existing skirting boards.
- Flush Reducer/Ramp – One more type of flooring accessories used for a transition between two floors. In the case with a flush reducer or ramp, this type of flooring accessories are used for reducing the flooring that is on a higher level and ensuring a smooth transition between the two levels. It is often used with ceramic tiles.
- Skirting – One more very commonly used a type of flooring accessories. Skirting boards are used for covering the expansion gaps between a floor and a wall. Expansion gaps are usually left, more commonly with wooden floors, in order to allow the expansion and contraction of the wooden boards when affected by higher levels of moisture and temperature fluctuations. Expansion gaps prevent breakage and other sorts of damaging of the boards.
- Stair Nosing – This type of flooring accessories are designed for wooden staircases and used for covering a 90 degrees angle of the stair treads. It ensures comfort and safety as stair nosing covers and protects the edges of the stairs.
- T Moulding – This type of flooring accessories are used for hiding expansion gaps or joints between two floors of the same height. T moulding are commonly installed at doorways, etc.
How to Maintain Flooring Accessories?
Taking care of flooring accessories
Taking care of the installed flooring accessories is no different than taking care of the floor in general. Considering the fact that flooring accessories are often made out of wood or other wood-based materials, you want to treat them the same way as your wooden floor in the context of cleaning and maintaining flooring accessories in good condition. Since wood’s structure is porous and easily affected by excessive amounts of moisture and temperature fluctuations, make sure you don’t clean wooden flooring accessories with too much water and always use the same cleaning product for your wooden floor that has a natural pH that is mild to the sensitive wooden structure. When broken or damaged, flooring accessories can be easily de-installed and replaced.
Could I Cut Down on Flooring Accessories?
Why to invest in good quality flooring accessories
Flooring accessories are different and they also come with a different price tag. You can shop on a budget, you can also go for premium quality when it comes to flooring accessories. Generally, there is not such a dramatic price difference between different brands and products. However, you are recommended to go for flooring accessories that come with a price that reasonably corresponds with the quality. If your budget allows it, you can go for flooring accessories on a higher (and still reasonable) price and have the peace of mind you invest in flooring accessories that will serve you for a long time. You don’t want to replace broken or damaged flooring accessories on an annual basis. Invest in your flooring accessories as they are very important for the overall appearance and functionality of your floor.Why flooring accessories are important? Design of flooring accessories Types of flooring accessories How to maintain flooring accessories? Could I cut down on flooring accessories?