- TERMS OF CONTRACT
- QUOTATIONS & PRICES
- VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT)
- PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS & SAMPLES
- DELIVERY & CHARGES
- PRODUCT GUARANTEE
- CANCELLATION & RETURNS
- DELAYED COLLECTIONS & STORAGE
- “The Company”, “We”, “Us” - is in regards to "Flooring Centre Ltd" registered at Unit 3, 158 Coles Green Road, London, NW2 7HW.
- “Floor Fitter”, “Floor man”, “Operator” - means the person/group of people carrying out floor restoration, maintenance or floor fitting services on behalf of Flooring Centre Ltd.
- “Client” - means the person, company or corporate body together with any subsidiary or associated company as defined by the Companies Act 1985 to whom the maintenance services are supplied by Flooring Centre Ltd.
- “Client’s Address” – is the billing address used by the client to place an order with Flooring Centre
- “Service” - refers to any services provided by Flooring Centre Ltd.
Unless the context requires otherwise, a reference to the singular includes the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine and vice versa.
The Headings contained in Flooring Centre Ltd Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
2. TERMS OF CONTRACT
- These Terms & Conditions represent a contract between Flooring Centre Ltd and the Client.
- Both parties shall ensure that their respective responsibilities under this agreement are undertaken in compliance with all statutory regulations and codes of conduct.
- The Client agrees that any use of Flooring Centre Ltd services, including placing an order for goods over the telephone, fax, email, website forms shall constitute the Client’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail over any other Terms of Business or Purchase Conditions put forward by the Client.
- No variation or alteration of these Terms & Conditions shall be valid unless approved in writing by a director of the Company.
3. QUOTATIONS & PRICES
- Flooring Centre Ltd uses metric measurements when calculating quotations over the telephone.
- Product quotations over the phone or in writing are based on current stock availability and pricing of the products. If not accepted at the time of providing the quote or within the outlined in the quotation period, we keep the right to amend our prices accordingly, if necessary.
- All prices published on our website are accurate to the best of our knowledge and we make every effort to keep our product pricing updated at all times. In a case of any pricing error or suppliers price increase, which has failed to by published in reasonable time, the Company reserves the right to Cancel the Sale.
All our prices are subject to VAT and usually quoted as a final price, inclusive of Vat, unless otherwise stated.
5. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS & SAMPLES
Samples of flooring products send out to Customers are a close representation of our products and they cannot be used as a full reflection of the wood flooring product. Since it is a natural product, no piece would be identical to another.
5.2. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION AND DELIVERIES
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not guarantee that the product descriptions, colours or another content available on the website are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Although we aim to keep the content of our website up to date and accurate, the information including product descriptions at a particular time may not reflect the product completely.
6. GOODS DELIVERY & CHARGES
Delivery prices provided on our website are based on location, dimensions and weight of the goods. Delivery charges are subject to VAT.
Goods are delivered between Monday - Friday and between 08:00 and 17:00, exclusive of Bank Holidays. The exact time of delivery on the day is not always possible to be provided, however, we will be able to advise on this on the day of delivery if required.
Flooring Centre cannot be held liable for any additional costs that might result from not delivering the goods on the date advised, due to technical or weather conditions. However, we will make sure our Customers are kept informed of the progress on their delivery and aware of it's the speediest time.
We are currently unable to accept orders that are billed or delivered to destinations outside of the United Kingdom.
The delivery vehicle is either lorry or van, so the delivery location should be accessible. In the case of obstacles such as time or road restrictions, you should notify us in advance and discuss alternative delivery options. You or someone else who will be responsible for signing the Delivery Note should be available on the day to meet the driver.
Delivered goods cannot be left in garages, gardens, porches or other locations different from the address provided.
The driver's responsibility is the delivery of the goods to the designated address only. The driver is NOT obliged to carry the flooring goods inside premises due to Health & Safety reasons. Therefore, please ensure that at least two people are present to carry the flooring goods inside your property. Inability to comply with the above-mentioned requirements might result in delivery cancellation.
If your delivery arrives as arranged but the courier is unable to deliver due to nobody at home, there is not adequate help, goods are not accepted, or order is cancelled in transit (within 24hrs before the selected delivery date) you will be completely liable for all additional costs for the return of the goods to us or rearanging the delivery.
Return delivery charge is minimum £70 or £0.50 per kg, whichever is greater.
Once the delivery is with you and before the driver has left:
- Check if all the goods on your order have been delivered and if there are missing items;
- Inspect the delivered goods for damages
- Sign the Delivery Note and return driver's copy.
If you have noticed damage or missing goods, please make sure they are noted into the courier paperwork before signing for any goods.
Goods accepted by third party i.e. builder, contractor, neighbour or relative are considered as accepted and checked.
Flooring Centre cannot accept any responsibilites for any loses due to poor project management or delayed deliveries. We strongly advise to book installers only after you are in possesion and inspected any goods purchased.
6.1. DAMAGED OR MISSING GOODS
Missing or damaged items should be reported within 24 hours from receipt of goods to Flooring Centre on 020 88309788 and described on the delivery note. Failing to report missing or damaged items within 24 hours, will result in your inability to claim refund or replacement of items.
6.2. FREE DELIVERY & LIMITATIONS
Our FREE DELIVERY is a Special Offer, which applies to all flooring orders over £500 ex. Vat and all supplies orders over £100 ex. vat and excludes Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Delivery charges for flooring orders below £500 ex. vat may vary depending on the size of pallet between £35 - £55.00
- Delivery charge for accessories and supplies under £100 ex. vat may vary between £7.00 - £34.00.
- Orders placed by 12:00 are likely to be dispatched on the same day and delivered on the following day.
- Saturday delivery is available at additional charge.
6.3. HAZARDOUS GOODS
Flammable or dangerous products can be delivered only by the company’s van within a 30-mile radius from the warehouse, which is based in London, NW2 7HW. For most of the hazardous products an alternative product is available, so consult our sales assistants for another option.
7. PRODUCT GUARANTEE
7.1. FLOORING PRODUCTS
All flooring products come with manufacturing guarantee, which may vary between the type of products. Check product description or consult our sales assistants for more information on the guarantee of a particular product given by the manufacturer.
Please note, flooring product guarantee may be voided by improper methods of installation, use of improper materials for the installation. Make sure your fitting service comes with its own guarantee and that your flooring product is installed as per manufacturer's recommendations.
7.2. SUPPLIES, TOOLS & ACCESSORIES
We have carefully selected the manufacturers and suppliers of our product, so we can make sure our clients are provided with high-quality products and that we can have a solid and rapid response when things are not as expected.
Product complaints are looked with care and dealt according to 7.3.
8. RETURNS & CANCELLATIONS 8.1. CANCELLATION RIGHTS
When buying online or over the phone, you have additional rights as a Consumer under the Distance Selling Regulations. By notifying us in writing (Contact us by email) of your wish to return goods / cancel an order or item within 7 working days of receiving it, we will refund the purchase price and the delivery charge. Returns and Refunds are subject to receiving the purchased goods unused in their original packaging.
We will still accept any product such as accessories, supplies and tools, excluding wooden flooring for Return and full refund within 28 days of purchase. A restocking charge of 25% applies to wood flooring products returned between 7 and 28 days of delivery or collection.
Returns are accepted within 28 days of delivery or collection, against proof of purchase for Direct Shop Sales and written Cancellation Request for online and over the phone sales.
Goods are returned to Flooring Centre in original packaging and in good condition at customer's own expense or at Collection service offered by Flooring Centre at an additional charge.
If returning goods to us, we will not expect our Customer's to be held responsible for goods lost or damaged in transit. The responsibility remains in the logistics' supplier hired by the Customer for the return of the goods and therefore we will expect our Customer's assistance in formalities related to recovering losses.
Flooring Centre Ltd
158 Coles Green Road
London, NW2 7HW
Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 17:30
- Online & Over the Phone Sales
- Full refund is available for orders cancelled within 7 days of delivery
- All Direct, Online & Over the Phone Sales
- Refunds withing 7 working days of receiving goods to the warehouse. Please allow couple of extra days for the money to reach your account
- Refund is issued to the same card from, which payment was made.
- Refunds of wood floor products returned between 7 - 28 days are subject to 25% restocking charge
- Refunds are not applicable for products returned after 28 days of purchase
- Refunds are processed once the goods are received in our warehouse and might take up to 14 days depending on your card provider.
8.4. GOODS WITH MANUFACTURERS FAULT
Manufacturing faults should be reported to Flooring Centre as soon as they are noticed. Flooring Centre may instruct investigation prior to issuing any refunds, made either by Flooring Centre's representative or arrange such by the manufacturer. The investigation may require the Customer to provide supporting images and additional information, such as the method of use, the method of installation, applied materials and conditions.
Further actions would be dictated by the conclusion of the report prepared after the investigation. If the goods are reported to have a manufacturing fault, they would be replaced free of charge.
A full refund is also available in such cases, with ? deduction of any Free Delivery implications from original order (see Delivery) and application of Collection charges (should Collection be required).
8.5. GOODS EXCLUDED OF REFUNDS
- Tailor-made goods produced on request of the Customer
- Damaged, lost, used or goods, which are not in their original packaging
Flooring Centre Ltd offers wood floor fitting and floor sanding services through our dedicated floor service division under the trade mark of FlooringFirst!.
FlooringFirst is a trademark of Flooring Centre Ltd and the full copy of Terms & Conditions of service are available on our dedicated wood flooring services website.
10. DELAYED COLLECTIONS & STORAGE
Flooring Centre Ltd reserves the right to charge for storage of flooring products not booked for delivery within 7 days at £35.00 per week (or £5.00 a day) ex. vat.
Storage surcharge will not apply for flooring products booked with "Supply & Fit" service for the duration of up to 4 weeks. Flooring Centre Ltd reserves the right to apply storage charge for any further delays.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, and Wales.